Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Market Day


It's Wednesday
which means it's market day.
So I'm starting to get back 
into my cooking groove.
I'm still needing to pick up 
a few things for the kitchen...
like a muffin tin
a whisk
measuring spoons (do the French not use them?)
Anyway, here is what we
picked up at the market today...
haricots verts (green beans)
a petite chevre (goat cheese)
saucisse (sausages)
blanc de poulet (chicken breast)
citron (lemons)
tomates (tomatoes)
poivre vert (green pepper)
 tomates roma (roma tomatoes)
a bottle of sauvignon blanc
betteraves (beets)
jambon (ham)
lardons (bacon)
epinards (spinach)
 melon (melon)
pommes de terre (potatoes)
thym (thyme)
courgette (zucchini)
fraise (strawberries)
oignons (onions)
chou frise' (kale)
sel de mer (sea salt)
comte cheese

Not easy getting all of this home 
without my trusty cart.


And then of course on the walk home
we stopped at a cafe for a little lunch.


Bon appetit!




3 comments:

  1. OMG, that produce looks insane. I tend to hit Whole Foods on a daily basis so I never have a bounty like that at one time.

    I also find it funny that they carry Driscol there. I can see the sign behind the raspberries. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I would love to know what you're cooking. Please share! It all looks sooo good

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for back to cooking
    Pam, how much french do you speak?? just curious how hard it is to shop at the open market...well anywhere actually :)

    ReplyDelete