Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Do'ers and Thinkers...what are you?

I love this tree in our front yard...at the bus stop this morning my neighbor told me to take a picture and I'm so glad I did before all of the little white flowers blew away.
There are 2 types of people...do'ers and thinkers. Can you guess what I am? I am a thinker....it  doesn't mean that I don't  do anything...but in my little world it means it takes me a REALLY long time to get it done because I think about it for too long. Maybe it's my personality, my DNA, my self diagnosis of ADD. When I was in  high school EVERY single progress report that came home said..."easily distracted." Maybe that's why I can't finish a project...I'm easily distracted. 

Steve...thank goodness, is a do'er. I don't think we'd be very productive if we were both thinkers. ...I am a procrastinator in the biggest way. Look that word up in the dictionary and there is my face. But you know what? I'm embracing it...the world needs thinkers.  

There are a million things I should be doing right now. I'm going to go think about doing them.

* The two rules of procrastination~ 1. Do it today. 2. Tomorrow will be today tomorrow. ~ Author Unknown





9 comments:

  1. Can I just squeeze that baby till he pops? Well, only till he'll drink out of a sippy cup (come on, Griffy, you can do it!)?
    I'm afraid that I'm a do'er without thinking. I think they call that "impulsive." There's even a special classification of ADD for it--Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Impulsivity Disorder. Not only am I a do'er, I'm a do'er and not a completer. That, my friend, is not a good combo. Good thing Brad's a completer.
    Where would we be without these men?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bundle under the tree is precious. I could eat him!!! Well you must know I am a doer. Sometimes my doing needs more thinking than I gave it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am an "eventual do'er". Does that make sense? It just takes me a while to get it done.
    I do know that when I do something without thinking about it enough...it gets me into trouble.
    Griffin is so cute! He looks like he could be content there for hours.
    Pretty tree, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I'm a combo. Good question! I can have the ADHID disorder described by Jen above too. I'm an expert at not completing things...even if there's only a step or two left. I even made an anti-procrastination list for May. :) Today...weed, finish laundry, and decide on a paint color for the playhouse, and clean the floors...filthy, again! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, it sounds like our homes function in a similar way. I would have to call myself a dreamer though, thinking is probably a little more serious than I capable of. Thank goodness hubs is a do'er. Did you happen to notice who was sanding my chairs? For some reason he loves me though.
    Have a wonderfully thoughtful day,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too could just cover sweet Griffin with a zillion smooches, that boy is just delish!!! I'm a thinker too. I totally get it, it frustrates me sometimes, but I'm the type of person that has to think something through, before I do it. Then, if I had my druthers, I'd monotask to get it done. However, having six children in the house doesn't lend itself to that....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a do-er...if I think too much about it, nothing gets done. I'm also a go and get-er,
    not a shopper and tryer-on-er! I try on at home,
    then take it back later, but usually things fit.
    Griffy is scrumptious! The picture with the tree is perfection! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree. Your boy. Mmmm....
    Can one possibly be a do-thinker? I'm in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have been pondering this for 24 hours!! I must be a large part thinker. (if I had Griffy, I would be all thinker, kissing on him & tickling him!). I am also part do'er but i have to trick myself into getting things done by making lists (a whole lot of thinking) & then imaginary deadlines or inviting people over so projects get completed! great question to ponder!!

    ReplyDelete