Friday, April 23, 2010

Staycation

I can't stand the word staycation for some reason. But, as far as staycations go..we've had a pretty good one...and considering Steve had zero time off this week.  My sister and her family came off the Vineyard for a few days to stay in Boston. We got to spend so much time with them. Yesterday we went to the Museum of Science...this is us at the top of the building. My niece Annie is in the purple shirt...she calls Griffin, Grickin..so now we all call him Grickin.
I don't think I've cooked a meal all week...and although it's been a nice break I'm ready to get back to my routine. It hasn't been very healthy eating around here.
This was breakfast today...the one plain cruller was mine dipped into my coffee...MMMM! I can't tell you the last time I had a donut. You really feel like crap after eating one. And who orders a dozen donuts?? The kids were psyched. Crappy picture though...

So, that's all I got here. Vacation is winding down. ..back to routine, healthy eating, EXCERCISE, bed times....two months until summer......See you Monday!

8 comments:

  1. looks like you had great weather! (very unusual for this time of year, isn't it?) you look adorable with your smile, baby & bag & all the kiddos:) stop by my blog for my first giveaway! miss boo is drawing a winner at 10 am tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm donuts.

    Instead of staycation, FAKE-ation.

    I'll keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good vacation close to home. The donuts look really good, but I can understand about wanting to get back to your routine. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I love this pic of you! Doughnuts...I cannot eat just one...so it's best we just not bring them in my house! I never went off sugar like you did for lent...but the more I read my Clean Eating and Oxygen magazines..I know I really need to! If you could see how much cookie dough I ate yesterday making cookies for my kids...uugghh! So...today, Splenda in my tea with a little non fat milk...is that any better??

    Oh..and I cannot wait for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sold on Staycations either, as I still have all the usual work to do, yet everyone wants me to provide fun time all day. Having visitors helps though to change things up and make it special. I have to say I don't quite get the whole double dipped Crispy Creme donut phenomenon. I feel sick after eating just one. Now Tim Horton's Donuts. Those you have to try. No problem feeling sick even after two or three. Not that I would know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEfinitely looks look having real fun!!

    Wishing you a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say that now I want to come to Boston even more? It looks so great there. And I love the look on your face with that squishable bubba. What about his thighs?! Loving the bag. LOVING it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet that museum is really awesome. Glad you all had fun! You gotta have a doughnut (or a dozen) every once in a while. And I, too, am lovin' the bag! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete