Saturday, March 13, 2010

It doesn't get much better than this

Lately I've been thinking about friendships and my girlfriends that I have had. Since we've moved...a lot...I've had to really put myself out there to make friends. It's kind of like dating actually, although I didn't really date much. It's not easy. You meet another mom at a school function or something and start chatting a bit. I'm Will's mom...yes, we're new to town...I have 3 other kids...blah blah blah. Really what I want to say is...Can I plug your number into my cellphone and call you sometime? Do you want to come over for a glass of wine on Friday? The kids can run around and play....See, that's what I just left behind. This group of girls up here.  Friday's after tennis and when the kids got home from school we'd get together and read home decorating magazines, have a glass or two of wine, order pizza for the kids and it was fun. And I miss that.

I know eventually I'll find my place here and find a new group of girls to hang with. But, right now I'm ok just being home with the baby and blogging with my blogger friends.

Miss you girls.

*This is my going away party they threw me. I don't remember the last time I cried that much. They gifted me with a painting of my old house. It doesn't get much better than that....

"Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends"~ Virginia Woolf

8 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, such precious post today. Reading it touches my heart... We know that, of course, you will find new friends to laugh and share with.
    That picture looks like having real real fun. Sure your sweet friends will be in your heart forever. Cherish those memories!
    Have a wonderful weekend with your beloved ones! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, what a wonderful group of girlfriends! Isn't it hard sometimes to make friends you really connect with in your own town? It took me a few years here....which is not usually the case. You'll get there again....XO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, V. Wolf's quote..slays me...to the core. I know exactly what you mean and knowing YOU, you'll connect (very soon) to just the right women once again. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was there to bring my back issues of BH&G and a few squirrely little boys. Cyber friends are great. But sometimes it just takes real to fill the gaps. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, so glad that we met up today and that the girls got a chance to hang out. Great post btw ...I will come for a glass of wine and bring my mags anytime:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam - What a beautiful group of friends you have. It's obvious that they all love you very much. Wishing you new friendships to mix with the old... very special women who deserve you as a friend. xoxo ~ denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful group! We moved ten years ago and I still miss those friends that were part oft early years of being a new mom. Isn't it funny how setimes you can click so easily and it's all so natural? I've entered a new season with friends now that my babies are six, and my
    oldest in middle school. I connect with different women on different things and have had my two best friends move away in the last five years. Blogging has been such a wonderful way for me to connect with women if likemindedness.... I so wish you could come over and flip through magazines and have a glass of wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam,
    We moved every 2 years from 94' to 2001, so I know what you are going through! Developing good friendships take time, and just as I got close to someone, we moved! Continue to put yourself out there and don't be shy! You are a lady so I know you will continue to attract new friends!

    ReplyDelete