Thursday, October 21, 2010

Some Things About Me



I usually eat a pretty healthy breakfast. Even if I eat like crap the rest of the day..at least I know I've eaten one decent meal. I LOVE V8. Love it.  Do you like Bloody Mary's? I have one once a year on Thanksgiving. And when I fly. Which is not often because I hate flying. But if I have to fly..you can bet I'll be bellied up to the nearest bar having a Bloody or six. Anyway, back to breakfast minus the booze. Ezekiel bread with almond butter is yum and good for you. I have one cup of coffee in the morning. I always pour a second but never drink it.
...............................................................................................................................................................
I feel guilty because I get mad when Stephen asks if we can drive so and so home after rowing for the 3rd time this week. Stephen NEVER asks for a ride. So when he calls for a ride and says, can we drive so and so home, I sigh and huff and roll my eyes. . And then so and so will get in the car and say "thanks for the ride Mrs. d" and I'll feel really guilty for getting mad. And I'll say "anytime buddy"

..................................................................................................................................................................

I'm really tired of being asked for money. I DON'T HAVE ANY..ok? I'm not talking about mortgage and food and cars and gas and clothes and kids activities and cable and cell phones and electricity and oil and water and haircuts and all that crap. I'm talking about the telemarketers asking for a donation for so and so's campaign...I'm talking about the magazine drive and the walk-a-thon and the car wash for sports..(hello..do we not spend enough on that?)...and I'm talking about (here's the kicker)...when I check out at the grocery store and I'm asked EVERY TIME if I want to donate a dollar for some charity. I know it's just a dollar..and most times I say sure. But, doesn't it get annoying to be asked all the time? Even Borders the book store asks every time if I want to donate a book to a childrens school. Geesh.

..................................................................................................................................................................

While we're on the subject of money..when did tipping at Dunkin Donuts start? Seriously. Are we just supposed to tip everyone now for just doing their job? Every time I turn around there is a tip jar staring me in the face. Maybe I should put a tip jar out on my kitchen sink...how about one in my car?

................................................................................................................................................................

You know the saying.." You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, You  just can't pick your friends nose." Well, I do. I pick Griffin's nose..constantly. Steve is always getting mad at me... "leave him alone!"..I can't! I need to get those gross boggers out! When the kids were infants I was addicted to that bulb syring thingy. I like clean noses ok.

..................................................................................................................................................................


I wish I could sew and knit. I'm trying to learn how to knit. It's only taken me about 2 years. My sewing machine sits on my dining room table staring at me. I'm afraid of it. I'm so inspired by blogs of women who knit and sew cute things for their kids.

...............................................................................................................................................................

I have THE worst memory. This is one of the reasons I blog.

.............................................................................................................................................................

I have moved 20 times in my life. What?

......................................................................................................................................................

I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm going here . Remember way back in June (I think it was June..I can't remember..see?)...I wanted to go to Utah? Well, now the retreat is coming to New England and I can go! I'm picking up Sarah at the airport in the morning and off we go! Steve is going to be alone with 4 kids, including a still-nursing 16 month old. Please keep him in your prayers.

9 comments:

  1. Good stuff!
    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can give an "Amen" to almost everything on your list!
    I was thinking of you this morning and wondering if you were bringing Griffin along on your trip...good for you for flying solo!:)
    Let me know how that all goes? Did you pump?
    Dave is going to Las Vegas in January and I soooo want to go? Is is possible?!?!?:)
    Enjoy the day and your amazing little vaca!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I should just copy and paste this to my post as you said it all! Have a fun, relaxing, and safe trip. Don't worry about the kids, your husband will do it his way and it will all be fine. Different, but fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all sad and happy at the same time. Jealous and glad.
    And Evie has started turning her head every time my fingers come within five inches of her nose. What is it about moms and boogers?
    Have a fantastic time, and be safe.
    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time...you so deserve this get away. Will be thinking of Steve. Perhaps this is the best way to wean Griffey...just leave town! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I were going with you and Sarah! And I pick Eliza's nose all the time -- and sigh at giving other kids rides home -- and feel guilty all the time :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope they all survive your absence, but I hope you will concentrate on YOU and have a good time! I proud of you Pam for setting aside time to do something on your own. You need this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your time away. I've been so inspired by your honesty and your whole blog. Thanks for sharing, tara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam!
    I'm popping in on some blogs these days. Yours is a treasure for all the REAL LIFE moms out there! You are doing a great job and your kids just keep on getting more and more gorgeous. Have fun on your getaway! You deserve it!
    Love,
    MA
    :)

    ReplyDelete