Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bonfires and Floating Clambakes

Summer is rolling along here. I don't want to say we're in a routine...because I'm not about routines in the summer...but we have a pretty good rythmn going. The kids aren't allowed any "screen" time during the day...and I think it's fair that I follow that same rule. I have to say... it's been nice to not be on the computer as much.
Our town kicks off the 4th with a giant bonfire on the beach. There is a band and oysters and you can see the fireworks from neighboring towns.

We spent a lot of time at the beach but took time out to watch the parade...I think my favorite float was this clambake. When the guy lifted the clam...candy came flying out!

My computer skills are really showing here  huh? I wonder why I can only post a few pictures in x-large? If you know...please clue me in!

9 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. Doesn't summer just make you happy?
    Love from Utah this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! This reminds me of where I grew up, and a little town where we used to live in New York-Cornwall on the Hudson. One of my favorite 4th of Julys ever was spent there. I love small (and smallish) town parades, there's something so friendly about them. Lucky you to enjoy all this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living on the beach must be amazing! I love surroundings fully supplied with simple things in life to enjoy. So classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. would love to be at this parapde with you guys- someday maybe!?
    melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what a great town you live in!
    Love the picturesque feel of that parade!
    We are settling into our summer rhythm too.
    Feels good!!!
    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...living on the beach must be amazing!
    But, there were other things at the bonfire besides oysters, right?
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Envy is not a good vibe.
    BUT! Living on the beach....would be THE best vibe.
    Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through you! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Bagpipe band! I bet that sounded awesome! Looks like a beachy blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After every picture...below it you need to click if you prefer to have it small, medium, large, and I think even an extra-large is in there. So just be sure to click on the picture first and then select the size. :o) Love love love your blog! So happy I found you! Your family is wonderful.

    Love from Kansas!

    ReplyDelete