Monday, August 25, 2014

Iceland Part 1


A few days before we flew 
back to the states for the summer,
we took advantage of 
Icelandair's stopover promotion.
It is a great way to see this beautiful
country if you're flying to or from Europe!





We arrived early in the morning and 
had 3 full days of sightseeing.
 We stayed in a cute B&B right in
the city.


We rented a car one day 
and spent the entire day
driving the Golden Circle.
It was a long day in the car
but oh so worth it.


We stopped first
(not on the tour) at this spot..
amazing rock formations everywhere.
The kids got out and made some of their own.



First stop on the tour
is Thingvellir National Park.





I'm just realizing I might need
to post Iceland in two parts!
I took so many pictures..


It is such an easy country
to photograph..
surrounded by beauty.









From there we drove to
view the Geysir Strokkur
that sprouts water 100 ft in the 
air about every 5-10 minutes.





And this is the last shot 
I got of the Geysir right
before it errupted..
there was a reason that 
everyone was standing on that side.
I got SOAKED!!

I'll post the last two stops
on our tour tomorrow!






















6 comments:

  1. Not sure Iceland is on my bucket list, but then again......it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how you packed for such a long getaway! Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family takes the best trips! Fantastic photos - they make me want to go to Iceland. I can't wait for your Italy posts!! Have a fabulous week, Pam! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting. I have enjoyed sharing your posts and photos with my children. Through your photos we have enjoyed many parts of the world. Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Memories for your family! Thanks for sharing! *I never thought of Iceland as a vacation destiny.

    ReplyDelete